michelleinspain

I hope you enjoy looking at my photos, it's my cheap, democratic way of keeping family and friends informed of what I'm up to here in sunny Spain. Please feel free to add your comments, check out the links etc.

Saturday, October 22, 2005


Last night we went to see Hossam Ramzy and his very beautiful wife, Serena. Here's the maestro, Hossam Ramzy, in action. Some of you may recognise the name as he's played percussion with plenty of famous westerners; most notably for me is his contribution to the Plant/Page album "No Quarter". The guy is a genius- the Jimi Hendrix of tabla. If you closed your eyes you could imagine 6 percussionists playing together, when you opened them there was just this one guy "tapping" away. My grandfather saw Hendrix in concert and said he could almost make his guitar speak - well Hossam does the same with his instruments. He treated them like they were living beings - they each have names. If you ever get the chance he's well worth going to see. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home