michelleinspain

I hope you enjoy looking at my photos, it's my cheap, democratic way of keeping family and friends informed of what I'm up to here in sunny Spain. Please feel free to add your comments, check out the links etc.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

China

Well at last I'm getting around to updating my blog. It's raining so I'm takng this opportunity. I'll begin with my first trip to China last September. I went to Beijing (Peking) and Tianjin, about 2 hours drive away. The reason for my trip was to meet our prospective new students and check out their English. I also managed to get in a bit of sightseeing.

Here are the guys in their classroom at the Aeoronautical University in Tianjin. The uni is huge andthey train all sorts of people for the aeronautical industry.














There was a festival coming up; I think it was the national day; so the were lots of preparations going on in Tianemen Square. They were building a couple of models, one was of the enormous dam that's being built and the other was of Tibet. Here it is half finished.




Chairman Mao's tomb is also in Tianemen Square. There was a veeery long queue of people waiting to pay their respects to him going around it. Here's a photo of me and our guide "Michael" with the tomb in the background. Many Chinese people take on a western name when dealing with foreigners to make our lives easier.














For some reason I can't upload any more photos, so I'll begin another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home