michelleinspain

I hope you enjoy looking at my photos, it's my cheap, democratic way of keeping family and friends informed of what I'm up to here in sunny Spain. Please feel free to add your comments, check out the links etc.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stu's visit (part 1)

Well, my brother, Stuart, arrived on Sunday for a week. On Monday we went to Park Guell to do the touristy bit. Here are some photos. First Stu in one of the covered walkways.

And contemplating the variety of nationalities gathered there.

We went to Gracia to see my friend Blanca and have a look at the last night of the fiestas, I'd already been on Friday night and had a great time. We went for dinner in a Mexican there, here we are in the restaurant.

















And Blanca and Stu.














As some of you know, they decorate the streets in Gracia for the Fiesta, here are some. They are all on different themes (taken on Friday Night), 1st-War ofthe Worlds-this won first prize.

















We saw The President of Catalonia and the Mayor of Barcelona having supper in one of the streets, it's usual for the neighbours to have a bit of a private street party amid the chaos.
The next photo is me trying my luck with the local talent. Didn't have much luck with this one, unfortunately.

Yesterday and today, Stu's been helping me chuck out junk and at the moment he's playing with the chainsaw and preparing firewood for me. Tonight we're of clubbin', so more photos will appear. To finish I'll show you a couple of shots I took while out flying at the end of June- by the way, work phoned me this morning and they want to send me to China for a week at the beginning of September, WOW!!!!that'll be worth at least one blog post.
Anyway-here's Montserrat from the sky-a muggy, bumpy day, but she always looks splendid.


Bet you can't guess which is my house-answers on a postcard to.....

Cool perk of the job, eh? Shame I get travel sick in the small planes. Will probably take Stu to work tomorrow for a look around and a play on a flight simulator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home